SkillsIQ, under the direction of the Ambulance and Paramedic Industry Reference Committee, is undertaking an update of the HLT Training Package Products related to job roles within the Pre-hospital and Out-of-hospital sector.
An update of the following seven Qualifications and associated Units of Competency in the HLT Health Training Package has been approved:
- HLT21015 Certificate II in Medical Service First Response
- HLT31015 Certificate III in Ambulance Communications (Call-taking)
- HLT31115 Certificate III in Non-Emergency Patient Transport
- HLT31215 Certificate III in Basic Health Care
- HLT41015 Certificate IV in Ambulance Communications (Dispatch)
- HLT41115 Certificate IV in Health Care
- HLT51015 Diploma of Paramedical Science.
The feedback period for all draft material associated with this project commences on Tuesday, 8 October and runs until 5:00pm AEDT on Friday, 8 November 2019.
Draft 1 material will be available for comment on the SkillsIQ Feedback Forum as of Tuesday, 8 October. A consultation guide summarising the proposed changes will also be available via download from the Feedback Forum.
Throughout the consultation period SkillsIQ will also be undertaking a number of activities to engage with industry stakeholders and VET professionals and to gather feedback. These will include a series of national consultation forums and webinars. To attend a consultation forum, please register your details by clicking on the appropriate venue and date as listed on the project page here. Please register each attendee separately.
We look forward to seeing you at one of the upcoming consultation forums.
For more information, please contact Alex Cook, Skills Engagement Executive, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by telephone at (02) 9392 8100.