Skills IQ has released a Case for Change for Clinical Coding training products within the HLT Health Training Package.
The Case for Change proposes to develop 1 new Qualification, 7 new Units of Competency and 1 new Skill Set covering the following key areas:
- introduction to the role of clinical coding in the health system, including funding models;
- medical terminology and medical science for clinical coding;
- clinical anatomy and physiology;
- understanding and applying principles of privacy and ethics in health care;
- understanding and interpreting/navigating health records in the context of the patient journey;
- abstracting information for clinical coding; and
- understanding and participating in clinical coding audits.
Feedback can be provided by email directly to Melinda Brown (email@example.com) until C.O.B (AEST) Friday, 5th October 2018.
Should you require additional information, please contact Devika Mudaliar on 02 9392 8100.