Review of the National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2011
The Australian Government has commissioned Professor Valerie Braithwaite, Professor of Regulatory Studies in the School of Regulation and Global Governance at the Australian National University, to undertake a review of the National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2011 (NVETR Act).
The review will assess the suitability of the NVETR legislative framework and its capacity to support a responsive, effective and efficient approach to regulation to ensure the quality of the national vocational education and training (VET) sector into the future.
The strategic objectives of the review include:
- shifting the regulatory framework towards outcomes-based regulation
- identifying any legislative changes needed to support a more efficient and risk-based approach to compliance
- enabling swift enforcement of sanctions when poor quality training is detected
- ensuring adequate information is available to support VET consumers’ choices regarding training, and
- administrative improvements to the NVETR Act.